Set up DNS on a LG Smart TV
This article will guide you through the setup process on a LG Smart TV.
While we have not tested the service on the LG Smart TV ourselves, we know the service works based on feedbacks from customers who had tried it on their TV.
Please note: These instructions are generic LG Smart TV instructions, so some steps may differ on your TV. However, it should be good enough as a guideline for you to follow to update the DNS settings on your TV.
Firstly, please Login to our website, www.simpletelly.com from your computer and take note of the fastest DNS server address that appears on screen.
Now, click on Check My Setup.
If this is the first device you have setup from this location, you will probably need to register your current IP address. Click on Register your new IP address.
If the registration is done from a computer browser rather than using the device's browser, you will get an error 'Your DNS settings are not configured correctly' on screen.
You can disregard this as the DNS is set up on the device and you just need to ensure that the Registered IP address is the same as your Public IP address.
If you have just gotten your TV recently, it should be running on WebOS firmware. If so, the steps to change this on your TV should be as below:
- Press the settings button on the remote to access the All Settings page.
- Click on Network.
- Select Wifi Connections if you are using Wi-Fi to connect or Wired Connection (Ethernet) if you are using cable.
- On Wi-Fi, select Advanced Wi-Fi Settings or Advanced Wired Settings if you are on cable.
- Uncheck Set Automatically.
- Select the DNS Server field.
- Type in one of the MyDNS address that you got from our site earlier.
- Click Connect to confirm the entry.
If you are on an older version of LG Smart TV and the above steps doesn't apply to you, please try the ones below:
- Press the Settings button on the remote.
- Navigate to Network and select Network Connection.
- Go to Network Settings.
- Press Start Connection.
- Select your wireless network, if you're using Wifi, and select "Other Network List".
- Scroll down and select the "Set Expert" button.
- Scroll down to the DNS Mode box.
- Select the Manual Tab
- Type in the DNS numbers that you got from our site earlier.
- Confirm the entry.
- Your TV will now test the connection.
- Press Complete to complete the setup.
Now that you have setup and registered your system you can go ahead and access the TV site of your choice and stream it like you mean it!
If you would like any further assistance, please send us an email to email@example.com and we will do our best to assist you.