How to download UK or US restricted TV apps for Roku
The apps that are available on the Roku device are dependent on the location / IP address of your network and where the account is created from.
If you wish to download region restricted apps such as Hulu (USA) or BBC iPlayer (UK) that is not available from your current location, you will need ensure the Roku region is set to reflect your intended location.
First of all, please ensure the SimpleTelly service is set up correctly on your network, as per instructions in the article below:
Once that is done, head back to our website and click on the Region Selector button.
Scroll down to Roku and select the intended region from the selection. By default, this is set to USA but you can switch it to GBR for UK content or switch it off.
Your region should now be saved to your preferred selection.
Once that is done, please follow the instructions below:
Note: The instructions below works at the time of testing and will be updated time to time depending on the Roku website.
- Go to https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc.
- Enter your account details and click Continue to proceed.
- Select your PIN method and continue to the next page.
- Once you've created your account, log in and select +Link a device. This can be found at the footer section of your Account page.
- Switch on your Roku and Factory reset the Roku by going to Settings and selecting Factory Reset.
- Now connect to your WiFi Network and you will be given a code to link your device to your Roku account. Take note of the code written on your TV and enter it on the Roku website.
- Once you’ve entered the Roku code, you will be redirected to a payment information page as per the link below
- Scroll down to the bottom left and choose, Skip, I’ll add later.
- Now you will given an option to add some channels to your account. If you had set up the service correctly, you will see the option to select and download the USA or UK channels (depending on your selection earlier).
- Check mark on those you prefer, scroll down the screen and choose continue.
- These will then be downloaded to your Roku device automatically.
If you are having problems and would like any further assistance, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.