Switch account region from Amazon USA to Amazon UK (or vice versa)
We recommend that you have 2 different email addresses associated with 2 different Amazon regions, however should you prefer to use only 1 email address for both Amazon USA and Amazon UK, please follow the guide below to switch between regions.
Note: This guide will teach you to switch to Amazon USA from Amazon UK but the steps remain the same when switching back.
1. Please log in to Amazon.com
2. Once you have logged in to Amazon.com, please hover your mouse over Your Account and when the pop up menu appears, please click on Manage your Content and Devices
3. In the following screen, Please click on Settings and look for Country Settings.
4. At this point, the country should display United States. Please click on Change and select United Kingdom.
Note: You will be prompted to enter an address into the fields above. At this point, simply enter any random UK address and click on Update.
5. Once you have saved the changes you've made in Step 4 above, you will be prompted with the banner shown below:
6. Please click onLearn more about updating your default Kindle Store to Amazon.co.uk and you will be shown the screen below:
Click on Transfer your Kindle account to Amazon.co.uk to finalise the region change.
If you are still having problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and try to include any errors and a full description of the fault.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.